Pistachio Rose and Cardamom Rolls to the Rescue
I've been thinking about making these Pistachio Rose and Cardamom Rolls for awhile now. At first I thought I would make they healthy my normal Paleo style, but it's Christmas and you gotta eat real rolls.
I was on Pinterest for about 2 hours researching if someone has done these rolls already and I'm glad to report that nope, this should be the first time you see these rolls anywhere. I used pistachio paste/butter for the filling with some rose petals and crushed pistachios. It's so freaking pretty when you spread out the paste on the dough.
I found some pistachio paste in my cupboard that I got in Paris a few Christmases ago. It doesn't have an expiration date but it's been sealed in a can with no air so it still must be good right?? So far no stomach aches so all good!! Anyway you can get the same exact past I got from Amazon, which I will link below.
45 Minute Rolls
These rolls only took 45 minutes using this recipe from The Recipe Critic. This recipe is legit. The only change I made was adding in a tablespoon of ground cardamom. You need that much as cardamom looses it's flavor pretty fast when you bake with it.
With the icing I used some Simple Mills Vanilla Icing and laced it with rosewater. These rolls turned out so good. It's going to be on rotation every year now at Christmas time. As a bonus it also looks super festive and pretty with the colors of the pistachio and rose petals decorating the cake.
For the Dough (Ingredients list from The Recipe Critic)
- 2 and ¾ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Packet Instant Yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cardamom
- ½ Cup Water
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Egg
For The Filling
- 1 Can Pistachio Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Crushed Pistachio
- 1 Teaspoon Rose Petals
For the Topping
- ½ Cup Simple Mills Vanilla Frosting
- 1 Tablespoon Rose Water
- 1 Teaspoon Rose Petals
- 1 9 Inch Spring Foam Cake Tin
- To make the dough follow the Instructions at The Recipe Critic.
- For the filling after you have rolled out the dough spread the pistachio paste all over the dough and then sprinkle with the pistachio and rose petals.
- Roll into a tight ball and cut into 9 pieces and arrange on a 9 inch spring foam cake tin.
- Bake following the directions from The Recipe Critic.
- To make the topping place the vanilla icing and rose water in a bowl and mix well. Spread on top of the warm rolls and sprinkle the top with more rose petals. Enjoy!