Matcha Protein Bars with Beauty Butter
Have you guys heard of Pearl Butter? No? It's this amazing coconut based butter that also has real pearls in it. I finally got my hands on some the other week and had to create something special with them.
I thought make some protein bars with matcha, but make them into popcicles because healthy food should be allowed to be fun and whimsical too!
No this post is not sponsored in anyway. I just love supporting local Bay Area business especially if they are run by women and I love sharing new products that everyone should know about! You can read more about activated pearl butter here.
- 1 Cup Oats
- 2 Tablespoons protein powder of your choice I suggest plain or vanilla flavored
- 1 Tablespoon matcha
- ¼ Cup hemp seeds
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla powder extract will do as well
- ¼ Teaspoon almond extract
- 3 Dates Pitted
- ¼ Cup almond milk
- ¼ cup Pearl Butter or melted dark chocolate
- Place all filling ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Let sit for 5 minutes for the liquid to absorb. Fill mini popsicle molds (I have linked them in this previous post) and leave in the freezer for at least an hour to harden. You can also roll these into balls or press the filling in a lined loaf tin and cut into bars.
- Un-mold popsicles and dip them in your choice of coating. Add some decor if you want. I used some tasty Ticings sprinkles to finish it off.
- This recipe makes 8 mini popcicles and I estimate around 20ish mini balls.