This post is sponsored by Health-Ade, however all opinions and recipes are my own.
In Between Party Drink
This Poached Pear Ginger Kombucha Mocktail is a good tummy settler and gut healer in between all the party food you might be having as of late.
Using what I had on hand I made this spicy mocktail from one of my most favorite 'buch brands. I happen to have lots of poached pears left over in my refrigerator because my daughter asked me to make her some, so I did and then she ended up not finishing them. I love catering to the whims of a toddler. So fun!!
Anyway combining the poaching liquid that was made from apple cider was a good mix with Health-Ade's Ginger Lemon Kombucha. The ginger adds an amazing zing to the drink. I also added some of the poached pears as a garnish and they ended up soaking up some of the kombucha too.
- 6 Seckel Pears peeled, halved and cored
- 2 Tea Bags Mulling Spices I use Martinelli's Mulling Spices
- 4 Cups Apple Cider
- 2 Halves Cooked and Cooled Poached Pears
- ½ Cup Poaching Liquid
- 1 Bottle Health-Ade Ginger Kombucha
- Herbs (Rosemarry or Sage)
- To Make the Poached PearsPeel, half and core your pears first and then place it in a sauce pan with the mulling spices and apple cider. Bring up to a boil on medium heat. Once it gets up to boiling turn down the heat. Let the pears simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes or until the liquid is reduced to half and the pears are soft, but not mushy.
Turn off the heat and let cool in the sauce pan. Once it reaches room temperature place in a covered bowl in the refrigerator.
- To Make the Mocktail
Fill 2 glass tumblers with ice and equal amounts of poaching liquid and Komucha, spoon in a half of a poached pear in each glass.
- Garnish with some herbs and enjoy!