I can't believe my blog is a year old!!! So crazy. We had an in person party at my house and it was amazing. All my food creator friends in the Bay Area came and celebrated with me. One of the drinks we had as a Pineapple Calamansi Rum cooler so we had to do a drink to remember the party by.
Ingredients for Pineapple Calamansi Rum Ice Cubes
Who else doesn't like diluted cocktails? I sure don't. So this Pineapple Calamansi Margarita is made with rum filled ice cubes. This is what you will need to make them.
Pineapple Juice - For sweetness and the taste of the tropics.
Calamansi Juice - Something sweet calls for something tart as well. If you have fresh please use that. Otherwise frozen packets from Manila Gold is the best replacement.
How To Make a Margarita Pre-Mix
The next part that makes this margarita so special is that it's made with a mix, that you can leave in the fridge and make Pineapple Calamansi Margarita's anytime you want!
To make it start with 50ml of Tequila and about 30ml of orange liqueur. Then add ½ cups of pineapple juice, 3 tablespoons of calamansi juice and ½ cup of coconut water.
How Make The Pineapple Calamansi Margarita
Once you get the craving, make that margarita!
Rim a cold 8oz glass with an open slice of calamansi or a wedge of lemon and then dip it in some orange salt.
Place some of the Pineapple Calamansi ice cubes in a cocktail shaker and pour in 6oz of the Pineapple Calamansi Margarita pre-mix in and shake it for a few seconds to cool the cocktail.
Pour in your salt rimmed glass and garnish with some flowers and a pineapple leaf.
Enjoy and pretend you are on a white sand beach in the Philippines.
How To Store
You can leave the Pineapple Margarita Mix in the refrigerator for up to 1 month and the ice cubes in the freezer for up to 3 months.
For more Filipino inspired goodness in your life follow along on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest. Or subscribe to get these recipes in your inbox. And if you make this recipe. I would love to see it. Tag your Instagram snaps with @rezelkealoha and #rezelkealohaeats.
Pineapple Kalamansi Rum Ice Cubes
- 1 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Calamansi Juice
- 50 ML Rum Tanduay or Kasama Rum are good options
Pineapple Kalamansi Margarita Pre-Mix
- 1 ½ Cup Pineapple Juice
- ½ Cup Coconut Water
- 3 Tablespoons Calamansi Juice
- 50 ML Tequila
- 30 ML Orange Liqueur
- Salt with Orange Zest
- Tropical Flowers
- Pineapple Leaves
- Make Ice Cubes. To Make the Tanduay Pineapple Calamansi Ice Cubes, place 1 cup of pineapple juice in a glass and add in 2 tablespoons of calamansi juice and a shot of Tanduay Rum. Pour in ice tray and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Make Pre-mix. Pineapple Calamansi Margarita Pre-Mix. Place all the Pineapple Calamansi Margarita ingredients in a jug and mix. Adjust the alcohol to taste. Add more tequila if needed.
- Mix Cocktail. Rim a cold 8oz glass with a wedge of lemon and then dip it in some orange salt.Place some of the Pineapple Calamansi ice cubes in a cocktail shaker and pour in 6oz of the Pineapple Calamansi Margarita pre-mix in and shake it for a few seconds to cool the cocktail. Pour in your salt rimmed glass and garnish with some flowers and a pineapple leaf.