A very beautiful, yet very simple to make Vegan Crunchy Chocolate Mint Protein Bar filled with puffed quinoa and dark chocolate.
Vegan Crunchy Chocolate Mint Protein Bar
Okay the real reason why I made these Vegan Crunchy Chocolate Mint Protein Bars is because I was cleaning out my pantry and found a few things that I forgot about. One of them is a jar of chocolate coconut mint spread I ordered from Eating Evolved so long ago, that they don't even make it anymore.
Further digging in the pantry I found a bag of puffed quinoa and some chocolate protein powder. I placed the ingredients on my counter like a contestant from Chopped and immediately thought crunchy protein bar!
How to Make the Bars
To make these bars I used 2 cups of puffed quinoa and added 3 scoops of vegan chocolate powder, half a cup of flaxseed meal and a quarter of a cup of chia seeds and cocoa nibs. I mixed all the dry ingredients together and then melted the minty chocolate coconut spread with some coconut nectar and mixed everything it.
I used a rectangle tart tin with a removable bottom and pressed the mixture in there and placed it in the freezer until it was solid.
To remove from the tart tin, you may need to splash some hot water on the bottom to the tin to release and then cut the mixture into bars.
I find decorating my protein bars part of my artistic expression. I never know how they are going to look at the end. I'm as surprised as you are to see how pretty they turned out.
To start I melted some vegan dark chocolate with coconut oil to make it easier to handle.
Then I coated each bar with chocolate and then drizzled more chocolate on top.
As a finishing touch I added some dried flowers and fresh mint.
Then I dusted some matcha powder on them and they started to look like fallen logs in the forest. I mean... gah so pretty. Can you believe these are protein bars? Give me these over Quest bars anytime!
These remind me so much of a time when we used to hike every weekend and would come upon fallen logs with moss growing on them. Some would even have wild flowers sprouting out in the summer.
Do me a favor and make these. For other healthy snacks you can also make my Raw Vegan Billionaire Bars with 3 Ingredient Caramel or Really Gooey Vegan Samoa Cups.
- 2 Cups Puffed Quinoa or Brown Rice
- 3 Scoops Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder
- ½ Cup Flaxseed Meal
- ¼ Cup Chia Seeds
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Nibs
- 1 Jar Eating Evolved Chocolate Coconut Spread
- 1 Teaspoon Peppermint Oil
- ¼ Cup Coconut Nectar
The Coating and Garnishes
- 150 Grams Vegan Dark Chocolate
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Dried Flowers
- Fresh Mint
- Matcha Powder
Make the Bars
- To make the bars place the puffed quinoa, vegan chocolate protein powder, flaxseed meal, chia seeds and cocoa nibs in a bowl and mix well.
- Melt the chocolate coconut spread, mint and coconut nectar until nice and smooth and pour into the dry ingredients. Mix well until everything is combined.
- Spray a rectangle tart pan with a removable bottom and press the mixture until its very compact. Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes or until soild.
- To remove from the tart tin, you may need to splash some hot water on the bottom to the tin to release and then cut the mixture into 12 rectangle bars. Place the bars in the freezer again while you make the coating.
Coating and Garnish
- Place the dark chocolate and coconut oil In a small sauce pan and melt together until smooth. Take the bars out of the freezer and coat all the bars. Place on a wire rack with a sheet pan under it to catch the drips.
- Drizzle more chocolate on the bars and then decorate with some dried flowers, mint and dust some matcha powder on top. Enjoy!